Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Notes & History Together?

Notes & History Together?

Hi All,

just upgraded from ACT 6 to ACT 2008....

I seem to remember being able to view all notes & history together in one tab in the old version....am I crazy?  Or, was that in there?  I don't see how to do it here in 2008....is there a way?  Or, to get a quick view of all the interactions with a contact, do we need to look in BOTH tabs?

Thanks!

sean

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Notes & History Together?

Stating with ACT! 2005 (7.x), the Notes and Histories are now on separate tabs. There is no combined view. If you want to get a look at the Notes and Histories for a contact in a single place, you would need to run the Notes/History report under the Reports menu.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Super Contributor

You can always create a customised Activity called Notes and use that within History.  This also benefits from being able to report on along with Calls, Meetings etc!

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

Thanks David,

I think your suggestion is the best option.  I created the custom activity, that part was easy :-)

now, how can I make it a single click from the top toolbar to add the "History Note"?  I can't get that part figured out when trying to customize my menu bars.

thanks!

sean

Copper Contributor

How would you do this, it seems to be a good suggestion, just not sure how to get it done.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello dynamicfs,

First create the custom activity from Schedule/Manage Activity Types. The go to Tools/Customize/Menus & Toolbars and click the Commands tab. Under Categories locate and click Schedule. Then under Commands on the left, locate the custom activity you created and drag and drop it on the toolbar. Click Close to save the change.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.