Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Notes & History Report

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Notes & History Report

I am trying to pull a Notes/History Report for a specific user.  Not only does it not give me all the contacts for that specific date range, it is also giving me contacts that have no notes. 

Can anyone help me?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author dadams0401
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Notes & History Report

There was a new set of reports available for download with the 7.0.4 update. However, you had to make the change to each database because the databases are not part of the program itself. The way to tell if they are the old reports, open a report like the Note/History report for editing, right click on one of the subreports and go to properties and check to see what the link to the main body of the report is. If it is the Contact field, then it is one of the old reports, if it is the Contact ID then it is one of the newer reports. If they Are the old reports, create a new empty database and copy the reports from that database and replace the reports in your database. 
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

View solution in original post

All Replies

Addition to first request.  the duplicate accounts that do not have notes appear to show up because they have the same name as the contact that did have a note.  Any ideas?
Nickel Elite Contributor

What version of ACT! are you using? It sounds like you are using one of the original ACT! 2005 reports and they were replaced at 7.0.4.
Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Nope, I'm on Sage 2008 Version 10.0.1.199
Nickel Elite Contributor

What version were you on when you originally converted the database. If it was ACT! 2005 and you never replaced the reports in the database, you would still be using those early reports. The other possibility is that you created the report yourself and linked a subreport using the contact name rather than the contact ID.
Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

We were originally on 2005, then upgraded to 2006 then just recently did the upgrade to 2008.  My IT guy followed the upgrade notes posted on the Knowledge website to do the upgrade.  I'm assuming that that should have allowed us to upgrade everything.  Is that not the case?  When we used to try and pull this report, which is not a custom, it used to stop us dead in our tracks because of supposed duplicate accounts.  Now I don't get that error message, but have acquired this latest problem.
Nickel Elite Contributor

The reports are added to the database and become part of the datebase when the database is created. Any database that was created by an ACT! version 7 before 7.0.4 had reports that linked the sub-reports on the contact name rather than the contact ID. If your database reports were not change at 7.0.4 or later, they would still be the old reports templates.
Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

I don't mean to be stupid but I have no idea what you just told me.  My assumption would be that any upgrade that was supplied to us would upgrade everything including the reports.  This is not a custom report I'm trying to pull but simply the Notes/History report that is available thru the Report tab.  However, given that you're right, how do I fix this problem?
Solution
Accepted by topic author dadams0401
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

There was a new set of reports available for download with the 7.0.4 update. However, you had to make the change to each database because the databases are not part of the program itself. The way to tell if they are the old reports, open a report like the Note/History report for editing, right click on one of the subreports and go to properties and check to see what the link to the main body of the report is. If it is the Contact field, then it is one of the old reports, if it is the Contact ID then it is one of the newer reports. If they Are the old reports, create a new empty database and copy the reports from that database and replace the reports in your database. 
Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com