Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Notes Tab is entering everything in Double Space

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Re: Notes Tab is entering everything in Double Space

I think if nothing works then uninstalling and reinstalling the software might fix it

Highlighted

Hi Bud

When I add a new note, I get the double spacing and super large indent for the bullet points. When I open a client with both old notes AND ones created since this most recent update, the old ones stay as they were (correct spacing, bullet points with no indent). The newer notes are a mess. When I try to edit by deleting the extra line (space), the bullet disappears altogether. As a result, editing an already-existing newer problem note to fix spacing problems isn't possible. I can edit for content - just not formatting. As noted earlier, I've tried typing up my notes in Word, then copying & pasting into ACT. It pastes in correctly. I save it and when I click on the "notes" tab to read it, the spacing is totally messed up and bullet points are indented (what I pasted in was NOT indented).  I've tried copying my messed-up test note to paste here so you could see if it matches what you had before,  but of course, the pasted format in this forum box isn't the same as what I'm seeing in ACT.

We have over 3,000 contacts, with historical notes on many going back as much as 20 years. Even if creating a new contact record and inputting a new note into it works, trying to create new contact records for this many contacts wouldn't be feasible. 

I hope I'm making sense. My frustration is really with being unable to format the notes like a college outline - meeting topics discussed, with bullet points under each. All the extra spaces and indents make it really challenging to read and waste an ungodly amount of paper when printing them up.

Thanks so much for the help - Sincerely, Rita

Highlighted

We are getting these exact issues and use notes extensively. We have just upgraded from V21 to 22.0 Update 4 ( big mistake ) and it is driving us crazy. Just wondering if you ever had a resolution to this?

Thanks

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

You could update to 22.1 where most of the problems are solved.
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Highlighted

Hi Andreas, thanks for you feedback. We are located in Australia and the supplier here recommended not to upgrade 22.1 Update 4 because it has some issues. That is why we upgraded to 22.0 Update 4.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi there Gary. Yes, I'm STILL having problems with the Notes section. I cannot enter notes the way I want to see them. Simple paragraphs, single-spaced lines, with bullet points. The ACT program INSISTS on double-spacing every line (sometimes even triple-spacing) - no rhyme or reason why. It also has a very aggravating tendency to CHANGE the font - not only the size of the font, but the actual font itself. It's beyond frustrating and no one has yet provided an answer as to WHY this is occurring and what, if any, work-around we can try. And yes, we are using the most recent version.

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Davisra. I don't see where you enter bullet points in the notes section. How do you do bullets

Highlighted

Definitely can see the font issue changing. Everytime we paste something in it randomly changes the font, mostly to Times New Roman. But can be random, we also regularly paste tables into the notes section and they are an absolute mess. Can believe something as simple as this is so badly messed up.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

Its your call and ACT V22.1 did have a number of issues but most have now been resolved with patches.

I also think that you should bite the bullet and move to ACT V22.1 Update 4 but so you can make an informed decision below is the link to what has been fixed in the updates so you can see for yourself.

Update 22.1 - Patch 2 & 3 both had notes fixes.

https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024244494?_ga=2.49593894.1802107444.1603985411-953451821.1...

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Also important to take note of the Outlook Integration changes as described on the Download page for v22.