Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Notes\History report does not show all entries for specific users

Notes\History report does not show all entries for specific users

This has been a longstanding issues for several act versions... when I go to REPORTS: choose NOTES\HISTORY; leave the first GENERAL tab set to PREVIEW (I've tried pdf and other options) CREATE REPORT FOR ALL CONTACTS: EXCLUDE MY RECORD IS UNCHECKED; on the NOTES TAB, i specify a date range and specify a specific user; and in HISTORY tab, sometimes i make selections and sometimes I uncheck them.... however, i never get all entries from a user.  There is one or two specific users that sometimes will show nothing, or one entry (when the report is for an entire month and there should be 3-10 entries per day)....

Any ideas? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Notes\History report does not show all entries for specific users

Whats the user selection on the general tab?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I've tried it both ways... ALL, and a specific user.  I was editing a contact today, and saw another employee had put a note in in oct of last year, and tried running a report just for the contact, and ALL contacts for that employee, and only 9 contacts\notes show for the whole month and the specific contact i was looking at, never showed on the report.   I've tried using this report before for mgmt purposes, and can never rely on it because it is never correct.

In my experience, the type of problem you are reporting results from the runtime filter settings. Of special note, on the general tab the user selection is for the record manager of the contact record while on the notes or history tab the user selection is for the record manager of the individual note or history entry. Depending on the user selection on the various filter tabs, different selections of the note and history entries will be displayed. To see everything, select all users on the general, note, and history tabs.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

even if I do ALL for anything and everything, i will NOT get all the data... some users and or contacts will not show....

To see all the history entries you need to select History, Email and Attachments. Deselecting any of those options will exclude field change entries and opportunity history entries.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

all I need to see are the NOTES...nothing else