Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Notes, History, Secondary Contacts, etc. have disappeared

Notes, History, Secondary Contacts, etc. have disappeared

I have ACT Pro 2011.  I recently opened it up and the tabs showing notes, history, opportunities, secondary contacts, etc. have all disappeared on the individual contact pages.  All the contact information is still there for each contact, but the bottom of the page where these tabs and information used to be is blank. I'm using the basic contact layour 800 x 600.  Any ideas how to find that and get it back into view?  I'm sure I accidently hit something, but I can't figure out what is was.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Notes, History, Secondary Contacts, etc. have disappeared

In the history TAB at the top look for the field Dates and this is the filter row. Make sure it says All Dates and the other two are selected All as this will appear your data has gone if not set correctly.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello mhat,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. It may be that your tab row is hidden from view. Move your mouse to bottom of your ACT! screen until the cursor turns into double up/down arrows. Then hold down your left mouse key and move it up to "drag" the tabs into view.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, part of the problem is that the tabs have disappeared as well.  I have two coulmns of fields in the 600x800 basic layout.  The bottom field on the left column is the Referred By field and the bottom one on the right is the Email field.  Below those, where the tabs and data used to be displayed, it is totally blank.  I still have ACT 2008 on an old computer, so I was able to see what you were referring to in the History tab on that one.  However, the problem is that I can't access any of those tabs in the ACT 2011 on my newer computer.

Thanks for the welcome and the suggestion.  Unfortunately, when the double arrows appear and I move the mouse to drag, it just moves the entire screen up and down.  Nothing hidden comes into view.

[ Edited ]

Are you seeing this double arrow (not the Windows one)? This issue may also be due to your DPI setting being higher than 96. See KB Article 26349 for more info and how to adjust the DPI setting.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I am having the exact same problem.  I have been using this software since July 15, 2011.  Busiest week of the year for what I do, and I have already lost yesterday, today is no better.  I have a meeting this morning and need the name of the secondary contact; cant access it.  I call the help line, as you know; can't get a live person on the phone without paying more money.  called sales person, they are happy to take my call.  I mentioned the bug and he told me to pay more money.  I will end up going with another vendor, and spreading the word that ACT is a very disappointing and costly tool.  I will lose sales as a result of this terrible service.

Hello plsfred,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! User Community. I'm sorry to hear of your experience. Did none of the suggestions in this and the other thread you posted in resolve the issue? This is usually a very simple matter to resolve.

Greig Hollister

Greg,

Thank you for your response.  I played with it for a few more hours last night and this morning and was able to get it working again.  The frustration came when I felt like I was left hanging.  Perhaps in the recorded message, it could refer people to this site with problems.  I realize that the goal is to sell the support, but I need to prove to my company that it works well before they are going to put any more money into it.  Sometimes all that it takes is for someone like yourself to step up and show some interest in the customer in need, and the customer will stay loyal.  Hope you have a good day.

Fred.

All my notes history , secondary contacts etc have disappeared from my ACT 2012. They are blank.. What do I do?