Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Notes/History Report

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Notes/History Report

When I try to pull a notes/history report for a single ACT user using the All Contacts requirement, the report only gives me a partial list of accounts that have been touched.  Our database is rather large, over 15000 contacts, is that a part of the problem?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author dadams0401
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Notes/History Report

The user selection on the general tab is for the Contact records where the user is the record manager while the user selection on the other tabs is for the record manager of the specific type of record (note or history) involved. Depending on the configuration of the user selection, you can get four different results with the report.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies

I dont think the size of the dbase will come into it, I've always found Act is as good as the criteria you tell it to look for.

Can you give an idea of the criteria that you're asking Act to base the Notes report on?

Bronze Contributor

When running the report you should also go to the Notes nadHistory TAB and make sure that you have selected the particular user as the one that you want to report on while in the General TAb you probably want to select all users.
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

In addition to what Paul said, given the size of your database, you may want to do DB Maintenance from ACTDiag (Check, Repair, Reindex) if this is not something you are already doing on a regular basis (ie, weekly, bi-weekly).  When doing this make sure that ACT! is closed on all client machines as well as the server.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

The general tab is for all contacts but I pic for a selected user.  I do the same thing for the notes, usually for a specific period, i.e. current week, last week, etc.  I don't need the history so I uncheck those options. 

When I pull the same report for myself it seems to work.  Could it be security restriction of some sort?

Thanks

Solution
Accepted by topic author dadams0401
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

The user selection on the general tab is for the Contact records where the user is the record manager while the user selection on the other tabs is for the record manager of the specific type of record (note or history) involved. Depending on the configuration of the user selection, you can get four different results with the report.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129