Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Notes/Histories Report

Notes/Histories Report

Good day.

Our Notes/Histories report does not generate or print properly.  For example, the last note entry I made for a client was a particularly long note entry.  When I print the report, the first page includes the Header and Section Header, and the Date, Time and Regarding column headers.  However, the actual date & time entries, along with the note detail itself, appear on the second page so that nearly all of page one is blank.  Page two includes the time & Date and the notes detail, but the text of the long note runs off of the page and past the footer...

I have searched the knowledge based articles and tried editing the template.  I have gone into the "define sections" heirarchy and clicked the "allow section to break across multiple pages" box.  I tried making that selection for just that one section of the report, and also making it for every part of the report to no avail.  I also tried changing the "Keep Together" option to "No" for only that section, and when that didn't work for all parts of the report.

Is my template corrupted?  Am I making some very obvious mistake?  Thank you for your help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Notes/Histories Report

Your template isn't corrupt. The body of the note or history, the results field is a single field and there isn't any way to have a page break as part of the printing of a single field.. It's possible to modify the report template so that more of the results field will print on one page but if the field extends beyond one page it will still run off the bottom of the page.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you for your prompt response.

Given what you've indicated, is there any solution?  Or do I need to manually modify my note and create two or three separate smaller notes, part one, part two, part three, etc?

Thanks again.

Platinum Elite Contributor

There isn't any solution for a results field that exceeds one page and you would need to break up the entry.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Understood.  Thanks.