Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Notes Field Doesn't Properly Display

Copper Contributor

Notes Field Doesn't Properly Display

I recently had to reinstall all programs to my PC. With the reinstallation, the Notes field doesn't display correctly in ACT! 16. It's the same PC and the only changes I made were to install a new hard drive. When I create a note, the top half of the text characters are truncated in the first line. The second and following lines display correctly. When I close the note, the first line displays correctly in the Notes list view. It's only when I reopen the note or if I am creating a new note that I get the issue. How can I fix this?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Dan

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Notes Field Doesn't Properly Display

Can you check your screen resolution settings and try changing them. There was an issue in V16 regarding displaying some items with high res settings and you may have changed the resolution after rebuilding the PC from where it was before. If this resolves the issue look for all patches and updates for V16 as I am sure they fixed this in an update.

Administrator

Hi Dan,

In addition to ch1p's post, please check your display scaling settings. It should be set to 100%.
There is a 3rd party tool available to resolve issues with Act on high DPI displays. This fix was included in Act! v18.1 and later.

Copper Contributor

Thank you for your response. I tinkered around with the resolution settings and there was no affect on the ACT! issue.

Thanks again.

d

Copper Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion. I did a little research on display scaling and I concluded it didn't specifically apply.

Thanks again.

d

Administrator

Hi Dan,

If you're still experiencing this issue, could you post an screenshot of the affected area so we can see exactly what is going on?
Copper Contributor

I really appreciate your follow up...thank you. A sample is attached.

Bronze Elite Contributor

My default is Sans Serif 8. What happens if you change font size? I can see a problem above as well so not expecting this to fix it but is simply a step to eliminate an option.

Administrator

There does appear to be some display scaling issues affecting your software. You can see this by comparing your screenshot to mine below, taken from v18.2. 

mstsc_2016-11-15_09-25-19.png

This could be an issue that has been fixed in recent updates, or an issue with your display settings. We have a couple of Knowledgebase articles that list the recommended display settings for Act:

What are the best practices for using Act! with large Dots Per Inch (DPI) settings on computers and ...

Issues using Act! with large or custom size Dots Per Inch (DPI) Display Settings

I have the same problem.  I recently reinstalled Act Pro 2011 on a new computer.  The display is set to 125% and if i change it to 100% it solves the problem.  However, I have two other computers with the display set to 125 and this problem does not occur.  Changing the display changes the way other things are viewed, so I prefer to leave it at 125.  Any other ideas about how to solve this?