Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Note history not displayed in detail screen

Note history not displayed in detail screen

I had no issues setting up this program and converting from ACT! 2000 to 2012. I however cannot see ANY of the notes I have made. I know that they were imported to the program correctly. I left the office for 7 weeks to return to a program that I now cannot perform my job.... How can I make them visable again.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Note history not displayed in detail screen

Hello Acscrew,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

You mention that you 'know that they were imported correctly'... were you able to see the Notes previously?  Are there other users of this database - can they see the Notes?

If yes, it may be that the filters have been changed.  On the Notes tab, look at the filters (top of the Note tab area) and change them to: 'All Dates'; click 'Select Users' and set it to 'All Users'. 

Also check the History tab to ensure the items you are looking for are or are not on that tab instead.

If you create a new Note, can you see it in the tab?

Greg Martin
Sage

Yes I was able to close and open the program with the notes being displayed on each contact. Now wen opening the program I have contact information only. I do not see my previous notes anywhere. I have tried the filtering. I tried both all users as well as all dates.

I am the only user to this data base. When creating a new note I am unable to see it after completion. I would like to know ow to get the notes to display along with the contact information as a default to where I can start my ACT after closing it and not have to worry about trying to find the notes. Also the only way I can see any of these "tabs" is taking the drop down on the view option from tool bar at top.

When clicking on the view option then choosing notes...nothing appears on the screan but there is a number displayed at the bottom to as if it is recognizing that they are there but I cannot see them or view them. The bottom half of the screen is grey...

- Try selecting a different layout (to see if the current one is damaged). 

- Are you able to see the information on the other tabs?

Greg Martin
Sage

I have tried changing layouts. The view of the screen doesnt change...font size and colors do. I did notice that the screen I need is tucked on the bottom. I can slide up and see what I am looking for. Notes remnders etc. Is there a way to keep this screen up? Or will I need to search for it and drag it up everytime I open the ACT software? My fear is not finding these notes anytime I open the software.

The tabs moving down is generally due to customized monitor DPI settings.  Here is an article with instructions for setting DPI to default:  KB Article 26349

If this does not resolve the issue, you will need to rebuild the Sage ACT! Preference files.  To do that, use the 'Alternate Method: Manually Rebuild Preferences' section of this article: KB Article 14770

Greg Martin
Sage