Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Not sure what CRM product I need.Please advise

Not sure what CRM product I need.Please advise

I am doing marketing and business development for a small company. The CRM tool will be for my personal use (single user). I am needing something very simple and easy to navigate. I need to be able to make notes on each conversation I have with my clients, a space to record hobbies, birthdays, kids, etc., something that will remind me of when I need to contact them again, create groups for e-mail marketing. Like I said, pretty basic stuff. Can someone please advise me on some CRM products I should look at. Thank you.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Not sure what CRM product I need.Please advise

Creating groups for email marketing isn't very basic. I, of course, will recommend ACT! to you, since you are a single user just the ACT! professional version. Download it, and try using it, is the only way to test out whether this product fits your needs.

Bronze Contributor

You've just described ACT! to a 'T'

Signature

Does ACT !! have phone support people to help with set-up, using the system, or others issues and problems that may come up ?? Or is it trial by error, e-mail, and mesage boards such as this ??  Thank you !!

Bronze Contributor

There is a free 30 day Getting Started support offering - it's 'chat' based and its limited to installation errors.  As is the case with most software vendors today, training and support are available for additional cost.  And of course, there is a worldwide network of trained ACT! Consultants who are always available to assist (normal rates apply).

Signature

Hey Kevin, I'm still considering ACT ! How would you suggest I get initial training and learn how to use ACT and its features ?? Without having to pay additional cost ? Thanks

Bronze Contributor

There is a wealth of pre-sales resources available at http://www.act.com/Products-and-Services/Demo-Center

including a downloadable trial, recorded flash demos and lots of good stuff - I also believe there is a 30-day return policy if you buy the product through ACT!'s estore.  You can also check Amazon.  Once you install it, there is a 'Getting Started' 40+page pdf that you can read, review, and selectively print.  ACT! also includes a very thorough Help section and about 15 tutorial videos on the major topics on ACT! that run from the Help menu.  I believe that I've seen some other ACT! consultants soft advertising in these forums for free one-hour 'Getting Started' type online learning.  You can also peruse the ACT! Community Forums here - there's lots of great Q&A that goes on in these boards.  But keep in mind that Sage and the ACT! CCs are all for-profit companies and as much as we love ACT! ultimately we do have to generate income.

Good luck to you.

Signature