Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Not sure how to do this

Not sure how to do this

I would like to sort my database by when I last left a note. Some contacts I left a note for 3 years ago, others I left a note for yesterday. I would like to target contacts that I have not interacted with for the longest amount of time. I can't figure out how to do that. Any ideas? I am using v21. Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Not sure how to do this

Check out Lookup | Contact Activity.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi. Thanks. I looked at that. Problem was that it displays a list of all of my contacts in alphabetic order, not in the order of oldest note to newest note. I looked for a column that I could add to the search results to sort on and couldn't find one that would be helpful.

not possible. It's a contact query with filters on other tables. It can't be sorted only by the contact table.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Okay. Just to be clear. Act! has no means of distinguishing from a contact that was last spoken with 3 years ago and one that was spoken with 3 days ago? Wouldn't this seem to be something a CRM should be able to do? Thanks.

Not by means of a simple query. A report could be designed that would do what you want.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

[ Edited ]

Can I figure that out or do I have to pay Act! to create a report like that? I tried printing out some standard reports and you can't sort the end result because the result is fixed in a report. So I would need the report mechanism to sort the contact before it prints the results to the report. I don't see how to do that.

I added the Edit Date column to my lookup. It seems to be the closest to what I'm looking for.