Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Not in compliance with Licensing message

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Not in compliance with Licensing message

Version - Act! Pro Version 20.1.120.0, Update 8

Really tired of getting the attached message come up every time I start ACT!  This all came about when Swiftpage changed their licensing method/service and although I've looked through some solutions to resolve this, I've not found a definitive solution listed.  Two of us use the database and it shows two licenses are available in the about ACT! dialog.

Does anyone have a definitive solution?  You can take it as read that I have adequate licenses and I'm not totally stupid when it comes to trying to sort this stuff

Second issue that Swiftpage don't seem to be able to solve is the number of licenses anyway.  We actually have three.  By some quirkk of fate, we somehow managed to buy a separate one on a different account.  Talked with the nice lady at Swiftpage who understood the problem and merged the two accounts into one great, except I can't see three licenses on the two installs we have and looking on our account page(s) at Swiftpage, they don't appear there either.  Several conversations and no resolution, I don't have time to deal with it.  I'm going to need that third license here in the next month - anyone know how to get this resolved?

This whole licensing piece has always been a soft spot for Sage/Swiftpage/whoever.  It's way past time for an overall resolution.

All good suggestions welcome.  Maybe someone from Swiftpage can contact me and help get this taken care of???

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jmdaly@southforkinst.com
a week ago
Copper Contributor

Re: Not in compliance with Licensing message

Yes that is causing the issue. On the remote PC, Please go to %Programdata% and rename the ACT folder as ACT.old.

Open act and register the program. It should show 3 licenses.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

Hi,

Compliance error will pops up only when the numbers of active users exceeds the license. Is there any active pending user on the database?

Does it pops up when you login to the database? 

Copper Contributor

We have two installs, one is the main database and the other a remote setup that is synced to the main database from time to time.  There are only two active users and no pending users.  Both installs display the same serial number but the main database install shows three licenses while the remote install shows only 1 license.  I believe this is the reason for the error - I assume the remote install show also show 3 licenses.

How do I get this mismatch resolved?

Solution
Accepted by topic author jmdaly@southforkinst.com
a week ago
Copper Contributor

Yes that is causing the issue. On the remote PC, Please go to %Programdata% and rename the ACT folder as ACT.old.

Open act and register the program. It should show 3 licenses.