Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Not enough licences after moving PC

hls

Not enough licences after moving PC

Hi

I have moved the ACT database from an old XP to a new XP machine as it was running so slowly.

As the new machine had already been running the data as a sharer I copied the back up file to the new machine and did a "restore as" and gave the database a new name to ensure it was working properly and not the old machine still sending data.

Am using Sage 2008 version 10.  We have 3 licences.

It is running fine on the new machine, however, when I went to share the database on the third machine it will not let me open it as it says I only have 1 licence.  I definitely have 3.

Should I have deleted the database etc from the old machine. It is currently switched off and out of use.

I leave the office on Thursday for good which is one of the reasons I moved the database to the new machine.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Regards

Helen

Re: Not enough licences after moving PC

Register the three serial numbers on the new host machine.  You can register by going to Help > Register ACT!.
hls

Re: Not enough licences after moving PC

Hi Added a second licence number to the host machine which was registered over the phone and activated and whilst the host machine shows we have two licences my machine still says we only have one. Any other ideas please?