Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Not all contacts are syncing with Outlook

Not all contacts are syncing with Outlook

I have had problems with the sync process with Outlook and my IPhone 4. Presently everything is working except edits to existing contacts. The updates do not sync with Oulook. I can enter a new contact and that will sync.

I have used Companion link for years but have had to stop using it with ACT 2011 because of all the problems. I am trying to work with their Tech Support, but I believe most of the problem is with the Act Program.

Any suggestions.

I have Windows 7

Companionlink Ver. 4.0 (build 4017)

IPhone 4

Outlook 2007

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Not all contacts are syncing with Outlook

Hello dvhunter,
For clarification, is the issue occurring when syncing Outlook with your iPhone, or syncing ACT! 2011 with Outlook or your iPhone?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

The problem is Act syncing with Outlook. The Iphone syncs with Outlook ok, but the data is not there.

Also if I try to sync both ways then all the items on the calander duplicate themselves, plus the birthdays end up with reminders on everyday of the year starting with the year the person was born. so I have stopped trying to sync except from Act to Outlook.

Nickel Contributor

I'm having the same issue. When I sync ACT Contacts wit h Outlook only about 40 Contacts show up in Outlook. I have over 2,000 contacts. This problem existed in ACT 2011 and I have just upgraded to ACT 2012 and the same issue exists. I've checked all of the settings in ACT / Outlook / Preferences.

I started using CompanionLink Pro to sync Act with IPhone and have not had any more problems. CompanionLink even has a app DejaOffice.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Is this a case where the computer that you have synchronizing to Outlook also synchronizes ACT!, meaning  is it a remote (subscriber) ACT! database synchronising to a main (publisher) ACT! database?  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Nickel Contributor

No. This is a stand alone. ACT 2012 and Outlook 2007 on the same HD. Nothing remote.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Are you also sync'ing Outlook to a phone or other system? There is a warning not to use the Outlook/Google sync to then sync to a phone... it can cause duplications or deletions of data
Platinum Super Contributor

Your issue may be due to deleted contacts.  The ACT! program tracks the contacts that have been deleted from Outlook and will not attempt to synchronize them back to Outlook.  If you would like to reset the ACT!/Outlook synchronization to remove any possibly deleted contacts, here is an article with the instructions:  KB Article 27105.

Note: This will reset the synchronization and if the same contact exists in both ACT! and Outlook when the sync is re-initiated, it will create duplicates.  If ACT! is the main repository for the data, it is recommended to remove the contacts from Outlook before initiating the sync again.  We also recommend exporting your Outlook contacts to Excel as a backup (or create a copy of the Outlook PST file).

Greg Martin
Sage
Nickel Contributor

yes.  i had manually deleted all contacts from Outlook   i found this KB article before your reply.  will proceed with the fix.  thanks.