Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Not able to access layout properties in ACT10

Not able to access layout properties in ACT10

I'm trying to change a few things in my contacts layout, and everytime I right click on a field and go to properties, this is the error message I get:

Act.Shared.ComponenModel.LayoutControlPropertiesEditor, Act.Shared.Windows.Forms, Version=7.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa could not be loaded

I've tried to just create another database, but the same error message pops up...any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Re: Not able to access layout properties in ACT10

Rob,

1.  The obvious first:  your in tools, design layout, then right click on field, then "Edit Properties".  If that is what you are doing...

2.  ok, Now:  are you networked?  If so, where is the design layout.  You might not be able to change it from your computer if you are sharing or networked.

Nancy

Nancy,

I'm not networked when I work with ACT.  Work loaded ACT 6 on my laptop, but I bought my own copy of ACT 2008 and loaded it myself.  I'm only connected to our network when I choose to, so I don't think that is why I'm receiving the error message. 

Thanks for replying so quickly!

Rob

Rob,

I have exactly the same problem, with same error message using ACT9. Were you able to resolve it?

Jacob

Jacob Berenfeld
Global Business Group
www.gbgusa.com

I encounter the same Problem using ACT 2013.

It affects one computer but not another.

The act database is accessed by several people at once.

I wonder if anyone else has encountered or fixed this.

Michael J