Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Not Enough Space on C-Drive for Upgrade

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Not Enough Space on C-Drive for Upgrade

I updated my desktop and everything went fine.  In attempting to upgrade my laptop, I keep got the message " please clear 398mb off your C drive".  I went in and cleaned up my system of old documents and unused programs.  That cleared about 3gb off my C drive.  Now the error message says I still need to clear another 299mb.  My C drive says I have 35.7gb free space.  Can anybody help??

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeff F
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Not Enough Space on C-Drive for Upgrade

Hey Jeff,

Not sure if this is your issue since you have 35.7GB free, but since that's pretty close to 36GB this might be it so it's worth checking.

There's a weird issue that if you have a close multiple of 4GB (which 36GB is), Windows will report it as 0 when installation programs check how much free space you have.

If you copy the SQLEXPR.EXE file from the "Dependencies" folder in the ACT! install files to your hard drive and make a few copies of it that should be enough to get you away from the 4GB problem.

Again, I don't know if that's your issue, but you're close enough to 36GB that I thought it to be worth posting. 

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeff F
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Hey Jeff,

Not sure if this is your issue since you have 35.7GB free, but since that's pretty close to 36GB this might be it so it's worth checking.

There's a weird issue that if you have a close multiple of 4GB (which 36GB is), Windows will report it as 0 when installation programs check how much free space you have.

If you copy the SQLEXPR.EXE file from the "Dependencies" folder in the ACT! install files to your hard drive and make a few copies of it that should be enough to get you away from the 4GB problem.

Again, I don't know if that's your issue, but you're close enough to 36GB that I thought it to be worth posting. 

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training

Thank you for the tip!!!  I will try that and report back.

Hi Len, Your explanation about the my C drive was right on.  I could not find the folder you talked about so I just put 1gb of junk on my C drive.  I checked the memory at 34.9gb free and the upgrade went smoothly.  THANK YOU for your assistance, you saved what little hair I have left!!
Copper Contributor

Just a quick note to say thanks for your answer and this group. I've just gone through the update / not-enough-memory scenario and your advice has saved me much wasted time. Thanks--is there no end to the weirdness of windows?