Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Not Able to View All Opportunities

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Not Able to View All Opportunities

I've entered opportunities for dozens of contacts across 14 stages.  When I select "View All Opportunities" ACT! only responds with the first contact in each stage.  As a result, the reports only show the 14 contacts rendering the reports useless.  I'm using ACT! Pro 2011.  What am I missing?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Not Able to View All Opportunities

Thanks Greg.  I solved my problem by reading the instructions.  Go figure.  I was using the name field to define a category of opportunities rather than create a unique name for each opportunity.  Now I code the name field so that I can sort similar opportunities but still have unique names.  For example one might be "FD Pool Desertville" where FD stands for Fund Development, one of our main services.  Another could be "PR Lost Nukes Springfield Power" for a public relations prospect.  This way I can still sort for Fund Development vs Public Relations within a stage.  Perhaps there's a more elegant way to do this but at least I've fixed my problem.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Skeerguy,

When viewing Opportunities through the 'List View', they will only display the first contact.  If multiple contacts are attached, the name will have a suffix of 3 periods '...', that is by design.  If you would like to submit a Feature Request for a different listing option, it can be done through the Share Your Ideas board.  Once submitted, other members can comment on and vote (kudos) for the suggestion.

Which report are you running?  And to clarify, are you looking for a report that will list each Opportunity and it's associated contacts?

Greg Martin
Sage
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Thanks Greg.  I solved my problem by reading the instructions.  Go figure.  I was using the name field to define a category of opportunities rather than create a unique name for each opportunity.  Now I code the name field so that I can sort similar opportunities but still have unique names.  For example one might be "FD Pool Desertville" where FD stands for Fund Development, one of our main services.  Another could be "PR Lost Nukes Springfield Power" for a public relations prospect.  This way I can still sort for Fund Development vs Public Relations within a stage.  Perhaps there's a more elegant way to do this but at least I've fixed my problem.