Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

No prompt to update linked activities when rescheduling an activity in an Activity Series

Re: No prompt to update linked activities when rescheduling an activity in an Activity Series

Hi Matthew, Gary is away for a few days, were you expecting him to be in touch? The last comment I can see from Gary he asked you to contact tech support, have you had a chance to do that? Did they provide a ticket reference number at all?

Administrator

Re: No prompt to update linked activities when rescheduling an activity in an Activity Series

Hi Matthew,

After further testing, we have identified an issue around activity series rescheduling, and a potential workaround. I'll update this thread when I have more info to share.
Copper Super Contributor

Awesome. My client is desperate to get some resolution to this...
Kind regards,

Matthew Wild
Act! Certified Consultant

Act Today Pty Ltd | 0755 712 344 | 0434048190 | matthew@acttoday.com.au | www.acttoday.com.au
Gold Coast
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎04-12-2016 03:32 AM
Administrator

To expand on this issue:

We've identified a defect thanks to your feedback.
In Tools > Preferences > Calendar & Activities > Activity Preferences there is a check box labelled ‘Create separate activities when scheduling with multiple contacts’. If this is unchecked, then any new activity series can be rescheduled and will result in the prompt to reschedule linked activities. If this option is checked, any activity series scheduled will not produce the prompt.
Note: This will only affect newly created series after a change is made to this option, previously created ones will not be affected.

Please can you check the machines where you are seeing this issue, and let us know what state this option is?

This defect has been logged as Defect D-04223
Copper Super Contributor

Wow. Thank you so much!! It works. I've only tested on the clients Server 2008 R2 host. But looks promising.

Option was checked. Clearing it allows the rescheduling function to work now! Smiley Happy
Kind regards,

Matthew Wild
Act! Certified Consultant

Act Today Pty Ltd | 0755 712 344 | 0434048190 | matthew@acttoday.com.au | www.acttoday.com.au
Gold Coast
Nickel Elite Contributor

Any idea why we can't get activity series to work in 18.1? Tech support said it would be fixed but it still doesn't prompt you to change the remaining activities if you change the date on one of them. Have very unhappy customer. To say this is ridiculous is the kindest thing I can say, even if it is 4,375 miles from reality.
Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)
Administrator

Hi Brenda,

Do you have the ‘Create separate activities when scheduling with multiple contacts’ option enabled in the Activity Preferences?