Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No data access due to MySQL error

No data access due to MySQL error

Hi Act users

I have act v16.2.14.0 runnning on my notebook. The day before yesterday my act! shut down when my notebook changed to energy saving mode. Unfortunately act! was still runnning. When I opened act! the database was repaired. Since then I cannot see any content.The startup procedure was also changed, act! was starting directly without asking for access password (which is clear). I changed the startup procedure back to asking for database at startup.

Now every time when I open there is a message "Access to database CRMData is not possible. Check network connection and the availability of databank server..."

The database has about 80MB.

After starting act!diagnostics and checking error log I found out that the user which is in use during startup is wrong. Message "Logon Login failed for user 'sa'". Smiley Sad  I always start with user kosas.

2015-03-28 18:53:58.48 spid54 Starting up database 'ActData_Plastiversum_kosas'.
2015-03-28 18:54:11.77 Logon Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 8.
2015-03-28 18:54:11.77 Logon Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: Password did not match that for the login provided. [CLIENT: 192.168.1.33]

Does anyony know how I can fix this?

regards

Sascha

Nickel Contributor

Re: No data access due to MySQL error

You could try running the SecurityCmdLnApp.exe to try and see if it will sort it out if not then uninstall ACT! and the ACT7 instance of SQL then re-install ACT! and SQL. You can then attach your ACT! database to SQL again 

you can re-attach the database by looking at this article

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28952