Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No History available for INCOMING CALLS??

Copper Contributor

No History available for INCOMING CALLS??

I'm surprised Act! does not allow its users to create a history for an INCOMING CALL.

I try to track the amount of outgoing calls I make as well as how many incoming calls I receive - and it appears ACT does not allow for this. And there's no code I can use that will allow the reports to differentiate between the two.

odd.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: No History available for INCOMING CALLS??

Press Ctrl-H
You can then generate any type of History. EG: Call - Received Call

Ctrl H brings up new history for me.  How do I customize the activity types?  I see no place to change Call to Call - Outbound or to anything else.

The following Knowledgebase article provides instructions on how to create and manage custom activity types:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1387...

Please note that you must be logged into your database as an Administrator or Manager level user to access this function.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Thank you for the Article! I never knew about establishing custom activities.

But here's the inevitable question: Do custom activities appear in the reports or dashboard?

In other words, I would like to run a report based on a specific custom activity - possible?

Yes, you can include them in reports and dashboards. With the dashboards however, the graphs will not break out the individual custom activities - they will be lumped together as 'Other". You would need to individually filter by each custom activity type to get the data for them.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.