Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No Contacts Showing in .RDB

Astute Commentator

Re: No Contacts Showing in .RDB

Thanks Stan (apologies on the name error). Excellent advice and it may work by moving over the "OR" function. I assumed RDB might be a function that does not work with the professional version, but I will give it another go.

For the initial setup of the Sync Set:

NOTE: You must enable “Enable Synchronization” under tools  synchronization panel  1. Enable Synchronization

Building the “Sync Set”, which is setting the parameters for the remote database to be installed on the client relations hard drive
tools --> synchronization panel --> create sync set ---> choose "state" under field name, "equal to" under operator, and then choose the state code under value then click "add to list" and "finish"

The administrator must disable “User Account Control” in Windows Vista before the next step and then enable following database creation

Disabled UAC

Exporting the remote database for use on another hard drive
tools --> synchronization panel --> 3. Create Remote Database

* I then went back in and created a new Sync Set with correct permissions and the "Share Database" enabled on the PC acting as a server.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Regarding:

I assumed RDB might be a function that does not work with the professional version, but I will give it another go. 

The Pro version does allow for remote databases.  The "catch" is that ACT *must* be open on the server and set to Accept Incoming Syncs (Tools>Synchronize Database menu on server).  The Premium comes with an additional service that runs via Windows Services - but the Pro version should work.

Keep us posted, it sounds like you're trying a few different things, but it will work eventually...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Astute Commentator

I will definitely keep you posted.  The new RDB is 32MB, instead of 10MB.  I am thinking this will work.  If it does not for some reason (possibly not being able to sync with my computer immediately) then I plan on ringing RackSpace or another company about hosting it for us securely.  You guys are a great help and will be entered into our CRM for future growth considerations.  Thanks again!

Astute Commentator

Gentlemen, the eagle has landed! There were numerous issues throughout and we have overcome them all. Your help was greatly appreciated. Please feel free to add us to your marketing list via our information Xalzco.com and call or us if you need our services. I have added you to my CRM and hope that we will soon be able to reciprocate the favor with further expansions.

Happy Holidays to you and yours!