Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No Administrator - Manager Users Grayed Out

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

No Administrator - Manager Users Grayed Out

I just started with my company on Nov. 9th., never using ACT before.  I tried to make me the Administrator.  I made the original Administrator's user to Browse and Me to Administrator.  Then tried to deactivate the original's Adm. license and switch that liencse to me.  I thought I had it, but ACT states my license is pending, her's is still active, but she has been switched to Browse only, so no Administrator  ------- everything is grayed out.  How can I go back so I can Manager Users?  HELP.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kcarton
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: No Administrator - Manager Users Grayed Out

How many licenses do you have? You can find this under Help/About ACT!, in the middle box under your serial number

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kcarton
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

How many licenses do you have? You can find this under Help/About ACT!, in the middle box under your serial number

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

We have two licenses.  The other license is for the Vice President of the Company and his license does not allow Administrative duties either.  We all grayed out everywhere.  Need to be able to Manage Users.

Thanks for responding.

Kris

Tuned Listener

I just looked under the Serial Number per your suggestion -- only 1 license!!!  I am getting really frustrated with Manage Users grayed out.  Help!

Thanks Kris

Kris,

Please see your Private Messages

Greig Hollister

kris, How did you fix this? I am having a simular situation.

I have the same problem. Number of Licenses: 1, but no one is Administrator. Version is Act! 2005 for Windows - Version 7.0.1.486

Hello,

I really need as well the answer to this topic.

Since I arrived in the company, we have only used one user account which we thought were the admin one. However, after checking it happens to be only a "standard user".

How could we fix this ? I have lost all my contacts and cannot import them from excel without being an admin ...

I would greatly appreciate if Greig Hollister or Kcarton could share their solution for this issue.

Thanks ! 

Complementary information:

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0 Hotfix 1

French version, number of license: 1