Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Nightmare on Update St.

Nightmare on Update St.

Is any one else having major issues with the current update.

Came back from vacation and feeling nicely refreshed did the update .......

Did update - Didn't work,

Tech service did uninstall & reinstall from their download. (my disk was at home)

Minor issue - had to reconfigure word

Major issues

Accessing databases. - 

Continually getting can't access dbase, check server ... (not on network)

Seems related - link with Outlook messed up - when loading asking for Outlook log in info (never did it before)

Performance has died

I have only been using program for about 6 weeks, this isn't what i signed on for.

Re: Nightmare on Update St.

If sounds like the SQL service is being stopped. You can verify by going to Start and select Run.  Type in services.msc and click Ok.  Find SQL Server (ACT7) and check the status column to see if its listed as started.  Of course you will only be able to check this next time it happens.

Do you have automatic Windows updates enabled?  If you do, check to see if you have Microsoft® SQL Server® 2005 Service Pack 3 pending to install.  If you do, follow the KB article below to install the update.

If you don't have the update pending, check your antivirus, spyware, etc.. to see if its scanning and possibly stopping the server .  You can try disabling or excluding for a day to see if security software is causing the issue.

How To Apply the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2005 Service Pack 3

Re: Nightmare on Update St.

Thanks

I ended up uninstalling SQL & Act

Re-isntalled Act (which also did SQL)

Working again.

Also had to uninstall/re-install Topline designer...

For a simple update, took me about 8 hours to finally get it to work