Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

NextAction for Blackberry Tasks, and odd behaviour with Act! 2009

NextAction for Blackberry Tasks, and odd behaviour with Act! 2009

I am a new Balckberry convert, but a long-time ACT! user. I wanted to implement the "Getting Things Done" approach, so latched onto a little Blackberry add-in called NextAction. NA allows the direct entry of "contexts" and "projects" to sort out tasks.

BUT, when syncing with the Act! computer, all the categories were wiped off both the NextAction tasks and the native BB task application. The categories are still listed as options on the pull-down menu, but because the tasks have no "contexts" they are not shown. The tasks are still listed in the BB app, but can't be sorted.

There was at one time some discussion of Palm OS relationship with Act!, in which the ID/status field came into play. Is that part ofthe potential solution?

Anyhow, if any Crackberry addicts use NextAction and Act!, I would love to hear more about it.  The GTD process is too useful to give up.

JJK

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: NextAction for Blackberry Tasks, and odd behaviour with Act! 2009

[ Edited ]
You may want to contact the manufacturers of whatever software you are using to allow ACT! and your Blackberry synchronize (ie, CompanionLink, HandHeld Contact) to see if they have encountered this issue.
Message Edited by ghollister on 12-22-2008 04:14 PM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.