Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Newbie to Sage Act

Newbie to Sage Act

Hi Guys,

I'm very new to Sage Act! infact Sage as a whole, so be gentle guys!

We are a small company that carry out Electrical Testing, we have 10 technicians on the road that work from home. At present we email them on a daily basis with detials of the following days work they travel to the job and carry out the testing. This is produced in an outlook appointment then emailed to them. After speaking to the techincians they are very happy to recieve job details via Google calendars. 

Now the question how can I make Sage Act! do this with out having to create a user for each technician?

Our Process at present is (example sale has been won):

Contact in/out >

Quotation Provided >

Schedule Outlook Appointment>

Confirmation Email Sent  to customer >

Email Outlook Appointment To Technician >

Technician Attends Appointment >

Technician Sends Report in >

Report is Processed and Outlook App is printed off>

Invoice Raised & Posted >

Report Emailed to Customer >

Outlook Apointment sheet placed in renewal ring binder>

The details they require for attending an appointment are the company details and at times if collecting payment costs. 

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

Kindest Regards, Ben

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Newbie to Sage Act

In order to have separate calendars, you do need separate users in ACT!

As a thought - Do they use smart phones or tablets? What operating systems (iOS, Android, etc)?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your kind reply...having all our technicians plus the odd sub contractor as separate users would be out of the question as I only have a 10 user account and to prevent our owner going in to cardiac arrest I would like to keep it that way.

They all use smart phones and have access to the internet.

Without selling myself an additional add on, I did look at Sage Act! Connect would this help?

Regards, 

Ben

[ Edited ]
Silver Super Contributor

I think you can add users and make them inactive and schedule activities on their calendar.  I haven't tried it so you might run into something that doesn't work right for you as you go through the whole process but it would save you from having to purchase additional licenses and might solve your business case.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Silver Super Contributor

Good point.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Bronze Elite Contributor

There might be a way to do this still I think. It would initially require a little manual messing around to tweak it correctly and then with a little bit of development it could be automated via toolbar button.

In essence you could export the data out of Outlook or ACT! for a particular Contact and then import it into their Google calendar either as a csv file or an iCalendar file.

Sales bit: We are and ACT! Consultancy based in the UK with extensive experience in extending, customising and consulting on ACT!. Would it be ok if we contacted you directly to go over your requirements and see if we can work through towards a potential solution?

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog