Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Newbie - stuck in a contact

Newbie - stuck in a contact

OK, so I feel like an idiot. I've been computer savvy and a training and technical consultant for years, and I can't figure out
a basic flow for using this ACT thing that all my sales customers love.

I've had it loaded for a year or more and I go to use it and just get stuck.

Example: I want to look for a name in my databse to see if I have their number.

I click contact-list. I enter a last name and click LOOKUP selected, and instead of looking up the name I entered, it opens up
the first name in the list and I can't get back to the CONTACT LIST. No matter what I click: CONTACT LIST, GROUPS,etc.
I can't get back to the full list of contacts. 

I have to re-open the database w/login to get back into the list.  I KNOW that can't be the "right" way to get back.

I don't see a tutorial in the help section

The User Manual saection on how to use CONTACTS has everything ecxept how to get back out of a contact to the list.

I know this is the 455th Advanced Generation of the ACT software, and it's so advance (read "complicated") that
there are Masters programs at UCLA on how to use all the features, but how do I get from here to there without
spending $1000's on personal support?

-Feeling Like A Moron
Copper Contributor

Re: Newbie - stuck in a contact

Try going to Lookup - All Contacts

I feel your pain!  This program is VERY frustrating.  I have been using Act for about 5 years now and every time you turn around they are trying to get you to buy an upgrade.  I just got off the phone with them on an issue and was so mad I smashed the phone on my desk and broke it!

Good luck!

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Newbie - stuck in a contact

Try this,
Use the lookup menu, "last Name"
If you get multiple hits you will be placed in a list view, clicking the record will switch you to the contact details screen.

To clear your search (lookup) do a look up from the menu and select all records.
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA