Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Newbie questions . . .

Newbie questions . . .

o   UsersGuide, pg29 – Display Dynamic Groups Contact is a member of – clicking on the Display DGM button is supposed to show these DGroups - doesn’t work. Why?

o   Activities – I wrote an email to someone, and now want to create a record linked to the Contact. I’m not really ‘scheduling’ a task (call, email, whatever). I’ve already done that. Is there a way to get the email record  to show up in the ACT history?

o   Importing

* Creating Companies (importing after Contacts have been imported) – (BTW – I’m used to working w/Goldmine – they have only one record to import for both Contact and Company. This is a little strange in comparison).

- Contacts HAVE a Company Name included in their record when imported. Do I include that same name in the Company Record when I import that data?

- Also, best way to add the info in fields of the Contact Record I imported to the Company Data once the Company is created?

- Linking Contacts to Company (en mass) – Say I just imported 1,000 Contacts into ACT. How do I link each to their respective Company w/o having to do so individually to ea one?

o   'Tags' - Tags (Separate tags with spaces) - What the heck is a 'Tag' in the context of this screen?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Newbie questions . . .

shadrack wrote:

o   UsersGuide, pg29 – Display Dynamic Groups Contact is a member of – clicking on the Display DGM button is supposed to show these DGroups - doesn’t work. Why?

What version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)?

o   Activities – I wrote an email to someone, and now want to create a record linked to the Contact. I’m not really ‘scheduling’ a task (call, email, whatever). I’ve already done that. Is there a way to get the email record  to show up in the ACT history?

Email can automatically be linked to the contact - what email system?

o   Importing

* Creating Companies (importing after Contacts have been imported) – (BTW – I’m used to working w/Goldmine – they have only one record to import for both Contact and Company. This is a little strange in comparison).

- Contacts HAVE a Company Name included in their record when imported. Do I include that same name in the Company Record when I import that data?

- Also, best way to add the info in fields of the Contact Record I imported to the Company Data once the Company is created?

- Linking Contacts to Company (en mass) – Say I just imported 1,000 Contacts into ACT. How do I link each to their respective Company w/o having to do so individually to ea one?

Unfortunately, ACT! wont create linked Companies en-mass after the contacts have been imported. There are add-ons that will do this

o   'Tags' - Tags (Separate tags with spaces) - What the heck is a 'Tag' in the context of this screen?

In this sytem or in ACT!? If in this site, it's not that important