Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Newbie question reg duplicating contacts

Si

Newbie question reg duplicating contacts

Hi everybody

Im new to ACT and have so far found it very easy to use. Im just having problems in one area so far.

Im creating a company and adding a division for trainees within that company. The trainees will be doing the same course and therfore i want to be able to duplicate the fields of one and then only have to fill the new name in. Now this is where the problem is. In my industry the company that the trainee is being trained with wont necessarily be from that company, but will be temping with them. So i want to put the guys company in the company field but leave him in the trainees folder. I can do this once, but if i use the duplicate contact button it puts the duplicate in the root folder of act and not in the trainees folder. I then have to go into the duplicate record and assign its company as the trainee directory just to move it, and then delete the company info and manually type it in.

Any ideas what im doing wrong? any info apppreciated

Cheers

Si

Nickel Contributor

Re: Newbie question reg duplicating contacts

Under the Groups/Companies Tab you can manually add the contact ot a company as well as Link or Dynamically assign to a Company. you are describing the linking process and you can only Link a contact to one Company
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand