Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Newbie: Trying to import a Sales Lead

Tuned Listener

Newbie: Trying to import a Sales Lead

I apologize if this is a silly question as I am brand new to Act.

1. How should a sales lead (potential customer) be imported?  Is it considered an "Opportunity"?  or is it a Customer with a status of Lead??

2. Where do I find all of the fieldnames in the SDK for importing this data?  I found the ActFramework Contacts, but where are the address fields etc? 

Thank you in  advance. 

Aimee

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Newbie: Trying to import a Sales Lead

Check out http://www.rbrdatasolutions.com/products.htm#vCard for an option that might help...
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Tuned Listener

thanks rbrust, but that isn't what I am looking for.
Bronze Super Contributor

Leads are the people you are working with.  Most typically those are contact records to which you can assign a status (or similar) to 'Lead'.

An opportunity is a description of the actual services and/or products that you will sell to them.  This would include a list of the product(s), pricing offered, etc.  The contact remains a lead until you close the sale, at which time the contact record should be changed to a status of 'customer'.

As far as the the import, I do not know specifics about the SDK, but do keep in mind that the Address information is in a different table - an address table, not in the contact table.

Hope that helps.