Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New users seeks help sorting opportunities and tasks.

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

New users seeks help sorting opportunities and tasks.

How do I set up a new field for Opportunities so I can define the market segment and then sort by this?  I would also like to do the same for my Tasks.

I was able to add new fields in the Company section under "Industry" which is the same as my market segment but I cannot find a way to use the "Industry field to sirt under opportunities or Tasks.  I wold have assumed that since an opportunity and task was associated with a company I thought I would be able to sort by this.

I also added a new field called market segment with drop down menus under "Contacts" but this still does not allow me to sort the opportunities or tasks.

After creating a drop down menu and then trying to add a field under "opportunities" there are 7 open fields but when I click on this to add a field it will not allow me to "create" a new one.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks,

Mark

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author cdiceo
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: New users seeks help sorting opportunities and tasks.

You cannot add or edit opportunity fields. You can use one of the opportunity user fields.

With the Premium product, you can rename the opportunity user fields.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author cdiceo
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: New users seeks help sorting opportunities and tasks.

You cannot add or edit opportunity fields. You can use one of the opportunity user fields.

With the Premium product, you can rename the opportunity user fields.