Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New twist on Changing Computer Name Problem

New twist on Changing Computer Name Problem

This is a twist on a problem already addressed in this forum. I have ACT! Premium 2010. After changing the computer name where a remote database resides it is no longer possible to do a network sync with the main database which is on another computer.  When trying to sync I get an error code which says " The SQL Database instance is unavailable. Contact your administrator for assistance."

The normal fix would be to Tools \ Synchronization Pane l\ Manage Main Database Location.  However, all the admin tasks in that box are grayed out.  Any suggestions?

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: New twist on Changing Computer Name Problem

Changing the database location can only be done in a remote database. Therefore greyed out.....

In order to get the database location updated on the server, you need to detach/attach the database on the server.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de

[ Edited ]

Andreas I assume you are referring to the SQL Server on the remote database. Using  Actdiag I have detached the database and when I try to reattach it I get, "You don't have permission to open this file.  Contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission".   Please help I need that data in this file.

Bronze Super Contributor

Hi jackiwanski7796,

Could you check the SQL Server (ACT7) service (run 'service.msc') and select the Log On tab.

The 'Local System Account' box should be checked.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org