Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New to Act!

Tuned Listener

New to Act!

I need some help learning more about what Act can do.  But first here is a little background:

Our Company has ACT 9.0, I am really the only administrator, with 3 sales persons each working remotely in 3 different states with a different division of our company to promote.  I have been with the company only 5 short months, Act has been with the company just a little longer than that.  I have been so busy importing and updated information (on a large scale) that until recently I haven't had time to do anything but data entry.  Our sales staff, each do their own thing, but none really use Act to the extent I am reading in this forum.  So I guess my question/inquiry is two part:

1. How can I learn more of what our Company can do with Act (without putting $$$ out)?  I would appreciate any and all advice, direction, and tips.

2. How can I try to implement Act in our sales persons daily routine? (keep in mind I am new to the company and work with people that know our business a lot better than me)

I would really like to see our sales staff use Act more, for everyone's benefit. 

Bronze Contributor

Re: New to Act!

I would think that considering you said you do not want to spend any money then the best option might be to purchase the book "ACT Quickstudy Guide" and read it from cover to cover. The concepts and training provided here may give you the knowledge you require to bring the whole concept together to allowyour team to use it better anc achieve some of the growth experienced by some of my clients of over 20%. This would cost you less that $70.00 plus a lot of your time at whatever cost you put on that.

Or of course you could engage a local ACT Consultant to assist you with this and just maybe their years of experience would help you shortcut this process down to less than a days work.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Tuned Listener

Thanks for the advice. Right now I will just try to pick what I can from this forum and knowledgebase.  If our company decides to use more features of Act, I will probably buy that book. 
Copper Contributor

Dear j. If you want to get your sales people to use Act then you need to show them how it is a sales tool that will increase their income.  If they use it as a rolodex that helps make phone calls or as a daytimer, may save them some lost time, but the value of Act is in selling and doing more without the help of others. For example, the proper use of mail will give them a 10 15% increase in sales, so show them what to mail, etc. etc.

Good luck - Brad Sandy 800sell.com

Copper Super Contributor

Try the help topics in ACT, they are quite good.
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA