Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New to Act! and confused

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

New to Act! and confused

We just purchased Act! 2010 for use in our small business. We have 3 computers that will use it. The description on the Act! website states that this is able to be used by up to 10 users. However, now that it's here and in our hands, it seems we have to purchase a different license for each user.

Does that mean I need to go back to the store I purchased this from and buy 2 more copies?

Will each user still have access to the same database this way? (Database is going to be shared through a LAN or remote-accessed server.)

Is there a way to purchase additional licenses without purchasing the program again?

Can we have just one user name (security isn't an issue, it's a family business) and all log in to that user?

If so, can we be signed in to Act! simultaneously?

I'm rather frustrated that even the box admits that Act! can support up to 10 users, but that each user needs its own license, without telling us where to acquire additional licenses. Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author shellyaei
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: New to Act! and confused

Yes, you need one license per user. Using the same name will cause issues.

You can purchase from the same site or feom an ACT! Consultant - see www.act.com/acc

To set up sharing, see http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2009/02/sharing-act-network-or-sync.html

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author shellyaei
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Yes, you need one license per user. Using the same name will cause issues.

You can purchase from the same site or feom an ACT! Consultant - see www.act.com/acc

To set up sharing, see http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2009/02/sharing-act-network-or-sync.html

Thank you for the prompt answer!