Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New format for 2010

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

New format for 2010

I was really very happy with my ACT 2008 but had to upgrade to 2010 when I went to a Windows7 environment. I'm having difficulty getting around this new format. Where have all my client activities, notes and history gone to? How can I pull up Home addresses and additional contact info? Why will it not let me sych with my iPhone?

Ed

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ed Prybylski
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: New format for 2010

Have you tried selecting a different layout (field just above the contact detail area)?

See your Private Messages.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

Although there are some definite differences in the versions (2008 to 2010), you should still see the same Notes/History/Activities tabs on each contact's detail screen.  Home address information is generally located on the 'Personal Info' tab for a new database created with Act! 2010.  The conversion process for upgrading an Act! database from 2008 to 2010 should include all information in the database, including Notes/History/Activities.     

My question to you is: How was your database converted from 2008 to 2010?  Did you open the database in 2010 and let it go through the conversion process?  Or did you create a new database in 2010 and import the data from the 2008 database?

As for syncing with an iPhone, Act! does not have a built-in abilty to sync with this type of phone.  If you were syncing Act! and your iPhone in the 2008 version, what was the process/program you were using?

Greg Martin
Sage

I imported the data base from my 2008 version through the conversion process outlined in "help" from a disc. I created a backup disc from 2008 then installed the disc in the new computer and allowed the 2010 ACT to convert the files. On Contacts screen there are no tabs below the basic info screen as in 2008.

None of the tabs below the detail section are there

This could be from a corrupted layout or Act! preferences.  Try choosing a different layout (layout selection list is just above the contact detail area) and see if the tabs are available.

If you are able to see the tabs in the different layout, you may be able to edit the desired layout so that it will then show the tabs.  To do this you would re-select the desired layout and then go to Tools > Design Layouts > Contact.  It will open the current layout in the editor.  You can try to change the height the tabs here.

What do you see if you access the Calendar views?  If you only see 'mini-calendars', that means that the Act! Preference files have become corrupted.  If this is the case, visit this link for instructions for recreating the Preference files: Rebuild Preferences/Mini Calendars

Note: If you are rebuilding the Preferences, I recommend skipping the Actdiag option and using the 'Alternate Method - Manually Delete Act! Preferences' steps.

Greg Martin
Sage

Calendars are fine. When I go to the Tools>Design Layouts>Contact I see the tabs in the formatting window. They just don't showup back in the contact detail page. I have tried saving the format and the using it but the tabs never show in any of the contact formats. All I have in the contact detail page is a bluefield where the tabs should be.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ed Prybylski
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Have you tried selecting a different layout (field just above the contact detail area)?

See your Private Messages.

Greg Martin
Sage

It was a preferences issue....... I had set screen resolution to 125% so my old eyes could read the screen better. Once we reset it back to 100% all was resolved! Thanks!

Found your post tonight and I'm having same issues.  FOrCEd to upgrade to 2010, now with Windows 7, cannot view my notes - the most important part.  Highly frustrated with the customer service and overall instability of product.  Way too much time spent on troubleshooting problems with it.

My screen res is set to large fonts because the programs now are too small to see.

I have tried to run program in 32 bit mode, but it seems not to matter.

I'm looking for a parachute out of this one ....

Hello Bluegroup,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

The issue of the tabs not being visible is caused by the resolution being set to large.  Here is an article which explains the steps for changing your screen resolution and resetting the tabs on your layout:  KB Article 26349.

Greg Martin
Sage