Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New fields and drop downs not working properly

Accepted Solution Solved
Skilled Commentator
Accepted Solution

New fields and drop downs not working properly

I have 20 or so custom fields and drops downs and have never had a problem with this.  I have just made two new fields and two new drop downs and the drop downs will not display.  I have tried all different variations of the the settings for both the fields and drop downs and nothing has worked.  I have also deleted and made others from scratch in all ways possible as a test but it doesn't work.  The field will work fine for text just not drop downs. The field has the drop down button, and the window drops down but nothing is in it.  This happens whether I create the drop down in the new fields/admin section, or if I set it to the new entries are added to drop down field when field is updated. There is no real pattern and it is like new fields and/or drop downs are corrputed or something? Does anyone have a solution? Thanks! 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author scott hunt
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: New fields and drop downs not working properly

scott,

How many fields do you have in the database in total?

What version of ACT! and do you have the latest hotfixes and updates?

Have you tried running a schema update from within actdiag?

Also you could try detaching and reattaching the database would be my next thought.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author scott hunt
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

scott,

How many fields do you have in the database in total?

What version of ACT! and do you have the latest hotfixes and updates?

Have you tried running a schema update from within actdiag?

Also you could try detaching and reattaching the database would be my next thought.

Paul Buchtmann

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Platinum Super Contributor

You'll also want to look at the field length defined through the Tools > Define Fields.  If the field length is set to something less than the length of the items in the drop down list, they will not display.  Example:  your field length is set to 5 and all of your drop down items are 10, they will not display.

Greg Martin
Sage
Skilled Commentator

Thanks Paul that worked!

Also the SAM stuff you helped me is working great thanks! Took a lot of fiddling to get it right but it's great now and saving us hours and hours a week.  I have lots more cool campaigns planned for the future now that I have SAM figured out.  

Still having a couple of dramas with getting seperate a seperate account set up for Web Prospect.  I can do it, however it always copies the rules and fields etc from the first one. eg The contactus one should have different rules to the freeconsult one but if I change one they both change.  What am I doing wrong?

Scott Hunt

Bronze Contributor

Scott,

If you have a look in the manual to setup a different account but you need to copy the whole WP folder to a new directory and then you can have a different set of rules for each account.

Paul Buchtmann

Skilled Commentator

Great thanks Paul I'll give it a go!