Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New drop down list not synchronised accross

New drop down list not synchronised accross

Hi all,

Don't know if you can help me.  In the past I've found a lot of answers by just browsing the forum but couldn't find anything in this case.

We have ACT! 9 with 25 odd remote users.  Recently I updated a field in the opportunity and added a drop down box to it.  The drop down is locked and mandatory so they have to fill it in.  It tells us if the opportunity is to:

"Replace Competitor Equipment"

"Replace Our quipment"

"Not Replacing Any Equipment"

However when remote users synchronise it only pulls through the title of the drop down box and not the drop down list itself.  this has happened for two users so far but I suspect I'll be getting some more irate calls in the next few days!

Anyone got any ideas why this happens and how I can resolve it?

Many thanks

Re: New drop down list not synchronised accross

Imorbey,

How'd it go with the other remote databases?  Try running full database maintenance from actdiag. 

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures

Re: New drop down list not synchronised accross

Hi there,

All of the remote databases have the same issue (unless I have rebuilt them since putting the drop down list in).

We have done a repair of the database and still no joy.  Have referred it to the company that installed ACT for us and they are looking into it - if I get an answer I'll post it here.

If any one has any other thoughts in the meantime that would be great!

Re: New drop down list not synchronized across

I am having the same problem with ACT 2008. It seems once the field and drop downs are associated in a built remote database, changes do not synch.

The only work around I found is to create a new field that will be used the same way the original was. Copy/replace the data from the original field to the new field. Associate the desired drop down with the new field. In layout design, delete the original field and add the new field in the same spot. This then seems to go across the synch and is invisible from the user standpoint.

You might want to try on a test database first.

Re: New drop down list not synchronized across

We are having the same problem. I need to do the workaround as dkirkeberg suggests, but how do I;

'copy/replace the data from the original field to the new field'?

I have created a new field, exported the drop-down list data entries from the old filed to the new field, but how do I copy over the old field data over to the new one?

thanks