Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New User - Undoing Previous Import / Correctly Assigning Fields to Company Profile (Multiple Questions)

New User - Undoing Previous Import / Correctly Assigning Fields to Company Profile (Multiple Questions)

I am a new user of Premium Trial evaluting functionality for an office recommendation.

Question 1.  How do I delete my initial attempt to import a csv file?  I found a blog with the last step simply stating "delete" the lookup.  I don't know how to delete multiple contacts.

Question 2. My initial import only shows contacts.  Under companies, there are none.  How do I import my file to create both contact records as well as company records?

Question 3. During the import, I want to assign "# of employees" to the company profile.  I created this field under the company design, but during import I can't figure out how to assign fields to the company profile.  Any ideas?

I appreciate your assistance and advice.  Please let me know if I need to clarify any of the above.

Re: New User - Undoing Previous Import / Correctly Assigning Fields to Company Profile (Multiple Questions)

Update: I have figured out Question 1 and have successfully deleted all contacts. Now, how do I import and create company profiles linked to the contacts? And how do I assign fields to the company profile during import?
Employee

Re: New User - Undoing Previous Import / Correctly Assigning Fields to Company Profile (Multiple Questions)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

To create a company automatically there is a option called company preferences under tools->preferences->Admin tab-> company preferences. Changing the threshold value will help you create a company.
To understand how to link contact and company please look into the article below,
19170 How to Manage Linked Company and Contact Fields
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19170/kw/company%20creation/related/1

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28638/kw/import%20company