Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New User Still Showing Active-Pending

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

New User Still Showing Active-Pending

ACT Pro 2011 version 13.1.111.0, Windows 7 Pro

I have deleted a user that is no longer with our company and am trying to add myself as a user.  I am showing up in Log On Status as Active-Pending.  We have 1 license available for me.  How do I get my status to change to Active?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ccornelius
‎01-29-2016 10:31 AM
Silver Super Contributor

Re: New User Still Showing Active-Pending

Once you log in as that user and then close and reopen Act! it should show as Active.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ccornelius
‎01-29-2016 10:31 AM
Silver Super Contributor

Once you log in as that user and then close and reopen Act! it should show as Active.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Okay.  Now that is fixed.  Thanks.  Another question, how do I get access to add attachments to a contact?  It says that feature has been locked and contact the administrator.  I have administrator access, so wouldn't this be automatically available?

Administrator

Do you have the option to allow attachments enabled?

You can find it in Tools > Preferences > Admin

Act!_2016-02-01_13-55-02.png

I checked preferences; it is set up like the screen you sent. Following is exactly what it says:

"Attachments cannot be accessed or created because the ACT! Attachment service has been stopped.  Please contact your administrator to start the service."

I've read through several other threads for this same issue, but on a different version and have tried the fixes; I have been unsuccessful.  Very frustrating as I have to wait for my superior to leave for a meeting, etc. in order to mail merge and attach from her computer.  I am able to mail merge on my computer, but we can not access the letters on my computer from her computer.  Hope this make sense.

Cheri

Administrator

Hi Cheri,

There are two suggested solutions on our Knowledgebase for this issue: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27173
Please complete them both and test again. Let us know how you get on.

I have hard drive space. I'll look at the other solution when I have more time this afternoon. I think this may be the issue, but I'll have to sort it out. Once I know, I'll reply back. Thank you.

Cheri

Gary,

I have checked the hard drive space and the path for ACT files.  I do have access to the path, but apparently I do not have permission to save and/or attach these files to the database.  I was able to do both of these as recently as 1/5/16, which is why I am confused as to what may have happened.  When I try to save a document, following is the message I get:

\\KLAURIN-HP\contact2013b-databse files\attachments\ (file name)

you don't have permission to save in this location. 

Contact the administrator to obtain permissions

Would you like to save in the My Documents folder instead?

I can save to the my docs folder, but I am still unable to attach the file to the database.  I checked the properties for the database path to see if I had the correct permissions; I have all the same permissions the administrator has.  I'm still at a loss.

Cheri

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi Cheri,
Can you check that you are actually able to create a new file in \\KLAURIN-HP\contact2013b-databse files\attachments using Windows Explorer?

If not then this is certainly a Windows permissions issue.

I can not create a new file.  I felt is was a permissions issue yesterday; I'm just not sure how to fix it.  Thank you for all your help, Gary.  Much appreciated.

Cheri