Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New User Requests Assistance...?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

New User Requests Assistance...?

I respectfully ask the assistance of those who may use ACT often and are comfortable with its use.  I am a simple home user who is trying to organize his files.  I recently upgraded to version 10.  I own a palm Treo phone that I would like to sync with my data base on ACT.  I am hoping to sync my calander and my contact list with my palm software.  While I think this is easy to do with this software, this computer fledgling is unable to figure it out. 

Under tools, there is a handheld setup, but it requires a user name and password.  I do not think I have a user name and password.  I gave myself a password, but it will not work.  Probably it requires a username that I do not know.  I tried all my usual usernames to no avail. 

Any guidance and assistance you mihght shed to educate me in getting my palm software talking with my ACT software would be greatly appreciated. 

Have a great day...  Kevin @ knwaninger@aol.com

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author knwaninger
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: New User Requests Assistance...?

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author knwaninger
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Sorry...Palm OS version...

I am having the same problem.  I don't recall setting a username and password for my database.  I am using a Pocket PC running Windows 6.
Copper Contributor

knwaninger wrote:

Hello,

I noticed that you marked a question as an Accepted Solution. I assume that was a mistake. To change the marked solution, you can go to Options on the upper right of the post you marked as a solution. Then, under Options, choose Unmark as Accepted Solution.

Let me know if you need any assistance.

joshlafayette wrote:
I am having the same problem.  I don't recall setting a username and password for my database.  I am using a Pocket PC running Windows 6.

As per http://www.act.com/2008/system/ - the PPC Link has not been updated for Windows Mobile 6.0

The best way to get ACT! data on a Pocket PC is with Handheld Contact - supports Windows Mobile 5/6 and BlackBerry. There is a free 14-day trial from that link

knwaninger wrote:

Have you follow the steps as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/4299dv

You might not have a password, but you'll have a username (usually your name)