Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New User License Question

New User License Question

I just purchased ACT! 2008 (still unopened), and I've read the FAQ section and what I found on the website, but I'm still confused.    Can I install it on my PC and my mobile device, or is a separate license required for each?   Why do the "system requirements" on the box mention Palm OS/Pocket PC/Windows Mobile and yet Sage also makes separate Palm versions of the software?  

I have yet to purchase a new PDA/smartphone for this purpose, is there a preferred mobile OS?    Also, the box and website claim compatibility with Windows Mobile 2005/5.0  but many of the new phones I've seen are coming with 6.0  -  will it work or do I seek out a new phone with an old OS?

Being new to cell phones, let alone "smartphones", I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the features/functions etc.

Thanks for any help,
John

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: New User License Question

For mobile devices, there are a couple of choices...

1. A free "link" in the product to Palm and Windows Mobile devices - this is very basic and work done on the device doesn't flow well back into ACT!

2. ACT! for Palm 3.0 - this is a new release and I haven't played with it personally.

3. Handheld Contact - for Windows Mobile or Blackberry devices. This is my personal choice and you can download a trial (once you have a device) from www.GLComputing.com.au/HHC