Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New Update Available - Click Here For Detailed

Bronze Contributor

New Update Available - Click Here For Detailed

When checking for ACT! updates, I see there is a new update in the pop-up window. It states, "Click Here", but no reaction to the click. Only active point is the red x. It appears that http://www.act.com/resources/downloads/act-pro-v18 is the page for updates.
John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Employee

Re: New Update Available - Click Here For Detailed

Hi John, What version of 18 are your running according to the About Act! Dialog? And thanks for the posting, we'll look into it. Bob
Bob Breeding
Bronze Contributor

Thanks for asking. Current version is 18.0.501.0 Hot Fix 5 Have a good weekend
John Purdy
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Employee

And Premium? Not Pro. Right?

Bob Breeding
Bronze Contributor

Correct - Premium.

John Purdy
Employee

John,

We haven't been able to reproduce the issue you outlined in having a non-responsive notifications window. I installed Premium 18.0u5 and I've attached a short movie showing what we would expect.

Regarding what gets downloaded, the link upgraded my 18.0 version to 18.1 - as we would expect. You may have received email explaining that 18.1 customers should visit the resources page to obtain upgrades to 18.2. We have to set it up this way to prevent some 18.1 customers from upgrading when they shouldn't and Act! Admins generally know where to obtain the downloads needed for new releases.

This seems to be working as we expect and so I would refer you to Tech Support if you have continuing issues.

Cheers,
Bob

Bob Breeding
Bronze Contributor

Bob, thanks for testing my report. Since you couldn't reproduce the same thing, I will blame it on my computer. It is a company issued computer, and I am a rogue user of ACT. I'm sure I clicked on something or installed something that in some way affected the expected response of the pop-up notice. The update worked and I've installed it on my two remote computers, which have both successfully sync'd to the main system. The video is what I would have expected, but the mouse never displayed the interactive. Hey, maybe it was the mouse - let's blame it on Microsoft, eh?
John Purdy