Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New Templates Aren't Saving in the Folder

Copper Contributor

New Templates Aren't Saving in the Folder

Windows XP, ACT!Premium 2009. Word 2007. I edit a template to my liking and want to save under a new name in the Templates folder. It does save it in Word as a Template but it is not in the ACT! Templates folder because the templates there are only in the "ACT! Templates in Word 2007 (*adt) format. ACT! won't give me an alternative. The template I create is in Word but it is inaccesible by ACT!
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: New Templates Aren't Saving in the Folder

[ Edited ]

Make sure your default word processor is set to Word.  Tools | Preferences | Communication | Default Application | Word Processor <- set this to Microsoft Word ver X using the listbox.

Then from within ACT click Write | Edit Template.  That should launch Word and give you the ability to save your file as an ACT template in .adt format.

Greg

Message Edited by GregH on 11-19-2008 03:27 PM
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you have a Word Template (.DOT) file that you want to use as an ACT! template, just change the file extension to .ADT.

For easy use, be sure you move it to the Templates folder too...

Message Edited by RealNobody on 11-19-2008 01:33 PM
Copper Contributor

Word 2007 is my default word processor. I do everything you include in your answer but  the document is saved in word in .dotx format. Although my system says it is saved in the same folder (Templates) in .dotx format ACt will not allow me or doesn't show the document in ACT! Templates. Really weird. I think this all has to do with ACT! 2009 not being able to deal with .dotx file format. Yet, it won't let me save in .adt format either.

When I use ACT! wordprocessor, this entire process works fine as my old ACT programs have in the past. Are you finding the new ACT! 2009 really terrible to work with? I do. 

Copper Elite Contributor

I am having some data import issues but have found 2009 to be more stable than ACT 2005.