Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New Tab Scrolling

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

New Tab Scrolling

I've created a new tab, however is there any way I can get it to scroll? I have posted a picture that overflows but it wont let me go beyond the boundaries.

Thanks in advance. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author KitchenACT
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: New Tab Scrolling

[ Edited ]

Correct - there are no scroll bars in the layout designer. You will need to extend the size of the layout canvas. Do this by pressing F4 on your keyboard to bring up the Properties screen on the right, then select Layout (Form) from the dropdown. Then go to the layout form, click the small box at the bottom of the tab section and drag down to extend the layout area. This extends the main body and creates a space between the tab section and the main section. So now select PanelTabs (Panel) from the Properties box, click the small box on the top of the tab section, and drag it up to increase the height of the tab section.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello KitchenACT,
You should have horizontal and vertical scroll bars for the tab - are these not visible? Also, what version of ACT! are you using?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Sage ACT! Pro 2013 Version 15.1.108.0

The scroll bars are not visible within the layout designer in the tab I created itself. So If I want to enlarge a picture or use fields below the view, I cant scroll down to do so.

I can see the scroll bars within ACT itself but again not in layout designer...

Solution
Accepted by topic author KitchenACT
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

[ Edited ]

Correct - there are no scroll bars in the layout designer. You will need to extend the size of the layout canvas. Do this by pressing F4 on your keyboard to bring up the Properties screen on the right, then select Layout (Form) from the dropdown. Then go to the layout form, click the small box at the bottom of the tab section and drag down to extend the layout area. This extends the main body and creates a space between the tab section and the main section. So now select PanelTabs (Panel) from the Properties box, click the small box on the top of the tab section, and drag it up to increase the height of the tab section.

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

I also found a work around. I pasted the graphic in the "Top" section. Sized it there and moved it the the tab.