Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New History Print ICON

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Contributor
Accepted Solution

New History Print ICON

This is a case of not seeing something that is in plain sight.

In a new history screen, there are two icons under the word Details for print and print preview.

Never really observing it before, I clicked on the preview.  Nothing but a plain white sheet appeared.  I then added some text and only the text appeared on the preview.  

Doesn't it make sense to include the rest of the details such as Type, Result, Contact, Date, Time, Duration and Regarding?

Just asking.  If it makes sense I will put it in new feature request, but then again I may be missing something.  

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎09-08-2017 05:42 AM

Re: New History Print ICON

[ Edited ]

Hi jnpurdy,

This option would be working as designed as is new addition for the Details section.

A full copy of the the history would be possible from the reports section of Act.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Elite Contributor

Maybe you like my workaround:

Mark the complete history item on the history tab (it becomes "blue") by clicking ONCE ; then CTRL-C

Open a Word doc.

Press CTRL-V

The entry appears in your doc

Print the Word doc and you have the complete history entry on a piece of paper....

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Bronze Contributor

Thanks Melville.  

That works fine for just that purpose, but certainly takes away the purpose of the print icons while the History screen is up.

However, I've been using ACT so long, that I've developed habits that are not always the best.  Ctrl-C on a history entry is so obvious.  Thanks for the reminder.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎09-08-2017 05:42 AM

[ Edited ]

Hi jnpurdy,

This option would be working as designed as is new addition for the Details section.

A full copy of the the history would be possible from the reports section of Act.