Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New Field Error Message

New Field Error Message

I was in Define Fields and creating a new field as usual, but when I hit finish, I got this message:  "Cannot find 'ACTOLEDB' because it does not exist or you do not have permission.  The statement has been terminated."  What's that all about???

Thanks for any help.

Kate

Employee

Re: New Field Error Message

Hey Kate,

You may be able to resolve this through this by running SecurityCmdLnApp.exe, it will be located in \Program Files\Act\Act for Windows or web if that's what you're running. Double click, it will open the cmd line. Once it's finished log back into the db and go to Tools -> Database Maint -> Check and Repair.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Thanks, but that had no effect, except that the error message pops up instantly, not after a minute.

Employee

Ok, from the run line (Start -> Run or Windows Key+R) type 'actdiag', once it opens go to the database menu, choose database list, right click on your database. From the drop down menu choose database rebuild -> oledb reporting objects. 

This may throw an error, if so post it here.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Let me take this back. I forgot the Maintenance and repair. Now have a whole slew of error messages incl Cannot find the user 'ACTQUERY'......'ACTOLEDB" is not a valid login or you sdo not have permission. User of role 'ACTOLEDB' does not exist in this database. Then MANY copies of the original error message.

My database isn't there. There is a DB, but one created and never used again.

I tried the rest of your instructions on that DB and is had no effect. Thought I give it a shot.
Employee

Try this Knowledge Base article.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1

I get the error message that this fix does not apply to my version of ACT.

Thanks though.

I'm going to give up and uninstall on both computers, then reinstall on mine and hope it stays on mine.

Kate

I've un/reinstalled.  Now I get this:

Unable to open the physical file "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\ACT\ACT for Windows 11\Databases\ACT11Demo.ADF". Operating system error 3: "3(The system cannot find the path specified.)".

Database 'ACT11Demo' cannot be opened due to inaccessible files or insufficient memory or disk space. See the SQL Server errorlog for details.

ALTER DATABASE statement failed.

File activation failure. The physical file name "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\ACT\ACT for Windows 11\Databases\ACT11Demo.ALF" may be incorrect.

I happen to be in ACT using the DB I want, but had to trick it to find it where I wanted it.

I reinstalled it unconnected to the network, but it still looked for the DB I was using in the old location.  How did iteven know the name of the DB?

I'm kind of fearless, but VERY frustrated.  I have to encrypt all of this and it can't be on another computer!!! ARGH!!!