Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New Emails latest activity

New Emails latest activity

Hello. When I send an email from ACT it doesnt show up in the latest activities field. Is there setting for this option

Administrator

Re: New Emails latest activity

Hi pgmmf,

This field updates when a sent email is recorded into act using the Outlook integration features of Act. Are history entries currently being recorded in Act when you send emails to contacts? They will appear as history result "E-mail Sent".
The following Knowledgebase article has info on how to set up this feature: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26832

Hello Gary, I am still not being updated on my activities. Following all instructions in the knowledge base. Any suggestions/

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that the field isn't updating correctly, can I just clarify a couple of points?

Please take a look at the screenshot below:

Screenshot.png

Now if you check one of your own Contacts, do you have an entry in the History tab like the one highlighted above? The most important thing to note is the Result that says "E-mail Sent". Do you have a history entry like that one?

Assuming you do, are you saying that the Email field under "Latest Activities" is blank? Again as highlighted on the screenshot above, this field should fill out with the date, but only if you definitely have an "email sent" history recorded.

Can you please check this and let me know?

Its not showing up
Bronze Elite Contributor

If you are testing against your own (the My Record) then you will not see the history recorded. Ensure you are testing sending email with a contact that does not have a My Record.  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Shouldn't all my contacts be under my record?
Bronze Elite Contributor

The 'My Record' record is your identity in the database, it is the record on view when you first log into Act!. Each Act! user has their own My Record. To get to your My Record directly you can choose it in the Lookup menu from the toolbar.    

Graeme Leo

What do mean doesn't have a my record. Been sending emails from new contacts. I am using Outlook to send them
Bronze Elite Contributor

I suggest that you engage an Act! Certified Consultant to help you with understanding Act! and helping with your issue. There is a list of them here  http://partners.act.com/search?CountryID=1 

Graeme Leo