Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New Contact Screen

APP

New Contact Screen

[ Edited ]

Is there a way to get out of the new contact screen without having to save a blank contact and then have to go back and delete in ACT!2012?  

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: New Contact Screen

No because when you do New Contact a blank contact record is inserted into the database and you need to save it to delete it.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
APP

Wow - that might be something to correct with future versions . . it should at least prompt you that it is blank and ask if you'd like to save or delete.  That's disappointing.

Actually back in the early versions of ACT! 2 the new contact screen was a temporary dialog and unless explicitely saved the added information was lost. At version 2.0.4 that was changed to adding a new blank contact to the database which continues to the present version. You can certainly make a feature request to change the way new contacts are added.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
APP

Thank you so much for your time Smiley Happy. I have another question for you. One of our users has a red x when looking at a contact (box outlined in red as well). Is that still considered a video memory issue or could it be something else? thank you!

That seems to be mainly a system resource issue. In my experience restarting ACT! will sometimes make the problem go away. If that doesn't work try restarting the system. If both fail I would suspect the video driver.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
APP

From what I read on another stream on ACT!'s website is "You can attempt to resolve this by lowering your hardware acceleration setting in the video/graphics properties." How do you do that?

If either of my first two suggestions didn't work, that would be the next step though I would first make sure you had the latest version of the video driver. Unfortunately there isn't a simple answer to your question. the change is make in Windows and the process is different for XP, Vista and Windows 7. The best is to go to the control panel and look for something related to graphics.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129