Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New Contact Created New Company Automatically

Bronze Contributor

New Contact Created New Company Automatically

I just created a new contact and when the company information was put in, the company field turned blue and underlned.  After saving, I clicked on the company and it was there in the Companies view.

I then to go fast sometimes and could have hit a key or a comination of keys inadvertently, but I wasn't aware that a new contact can be set to create a new company automatically - other than selecting the function under contact.

Is this a feature I have skipped all these years or does anyone have any idea.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: New Contact Created New Company Automatically

There isn't an option within the program to create new Companies when new contacts are created - there is an option to automatically link to existing Company when creating a new contact. 

Are you able to reproduce this behavior?

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Contributor

Re: New Contact Created New Company Automatically

Since I am primarily a keyboarder instead of using the mouse, I tend to type ahead fast.  So, to answer your question, I'm not even sure how it happened or what key strokes I made.  If it happens again, I'll re-post.  For now I appreciate your response.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013