Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New Act! Version Install Download?

New Act! Version Install Download?

I am going to need to install ACT! onto 2 Notebook computers soon. I will be removing it from 2 Notebooks and putting the same version onto the new notebooks using the same licenses.I was hoping someone could tell me where I can download the CURRENT installation ~ Version ~ ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1
English (United States)  I have the older OEM installation CD, but when I use that to install, Act Installs itslef completley and then when I point it to our database it goes and downloads the latest version (by itself) and uninstalls and reinstalls the new version from the web.... as you can imagine this is a PITA because it doubles the install time for this program.

thank for any and all help finding this installation download.

Re: New Act! Version Install Download?

Any Idea if any of these will do a full install of version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1
English (United States) or do i need to jump through the usual hoops with this program?

http://download.act.com/support/downloads/ACT-2008-Product-Downloads.html

Platinum Super Contributor

If I understand the situation correctly, you may be able to resolve the 'pain point' by disabling the 'Automatically check for updates' option. As soon as you have installed 10.0.3, open the ACT! demo database > go to Tools > Startup tab > disable 'Automatically check for updates' > click OK.

The downloads link only contains updates, it does not contain the full installs. See your Private Messages (small envelope icon in upper right area of Community - next to Search).
Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

Greg, I think his problem is that he has an old install ... so needs to install, then download and install the SP1

That link only has the updates, Mark. I assume Greag is getting you a 10.03 ST install ... if he doesn't have one, I have

When you install 10.03, you should also apply Hotfix 3

Yaeh, I think I found it... although my last page I found was wrong... need the Premium install (10X) I'll see how it goes on the new notebooks when I get them, Thanks : )

Platinum Elite Contributor