Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New Act V21.1 Update .1 & .2 won't install

Copper Contributor

New Act V21.1 Update .1 & .2 won't install

I just noticed a couple of updates that ACT never informed me were available.  I tried installing Act V21.2  first thinking it would take care of  V.1 as well, but it gave me a message stating "This update does not apply to this version of ACT!, please verify you have the correct update."  So, then I went back to V.1 and tried to install it first. Same message.  Please advise how to fix this?  Thanks. 

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: New Act V21.1 Update .1 & .2 won't install

Hi,

the hotfixes only work if you have 21.1  installed, you probably have act21.0 or below installed.  (or the beta of 21.1) 

so first, you need to download and install act21.1 then the hotfix should be installed as slipstream

regards

Ingo

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 208 56192-34
Copper Contributor

Thanks Ingo for your input. Actually I tried them both, act21.1 & act21.2, neither would install.  Also, not sure what you mean when you say "install act21.1 then the hotfix should be installed as slipstream"  Your additional thoughts would be appreciated?  Thanks again !

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi

if you go to help, info about, what version of act are you seeing?

regards

ingo

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 208 56192-34
Copper Contributor

I have Act! Pro Version 21.0.295.0, Update 7 installed, so now I am trying to install the 21.1 & .2 updates.  I am downloading the updates from:

https://www.act.com/resources/downloads/act!-pro-v21-downloads

If I am doing something wrong, it would be deeply appreciated if you could direct me to the correct download link

Thanks again !!

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

You will have to install Act! Pro v21.1 from the full installer there is no patch from 21.0 to 21.1

mezweig,  I would also look at this post as a guy is saying that going from 21.0 to 21.1 needs a new licence

https://community.act.com/t5/Act/Act-Pro-v21-0-to-v21-1-A-new-version-upgrade/td-p/358420

So I would check with swiftpage if you can install 21.1 with your current licence key.